Here is the skirt I’ve been working on the last couple of days…
It was unbelievably easy to make – I used the basic skirt pattern I drafted using Cal Patch’s book. The lining was cut exactly to the original pattern, and then I used the slash and spread method to make a wider pattern for the main part of the skirt. I made facings in the main fabric, gathered the bottom and then sewed the gathers to the lining underneath.
I also added some cheeky pockets, just because now I know how to! Pretty hidden things make me happy.
Its a teeny bit on the big side so needs a couple of alterations, but is still wearable and perfect for twirling. I did feel a little overdressed for the dog walk today, but heh, I liked it!